Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do i start, Ok I have an Audi A6 New Shape with Full MMI or this is what i have been told because i have Colour SAT NAV. Now I have just bought the OEM TV Tuner Set up with all cables from Kufatec in germany
http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p286_TV-Tuner-Packet-A6-4F.html
OK so the full kit is on its way, The only thing now is to install it, With the car being the new Shape A6 4f with the new MMi system there seems to be not much information about it.
Now this is what i know so far,
The MMI system works on an optic fiber cable which works in a loop basis, Headunit to CD CHANGER through DVD SAT NAV through RADIO RECEIVER and hopefully with my new edition through the TV TUNER then bach to the head unit (CAN BUS that is) Simlier to how you would conect up you UHF aeriel leads on you TV/video/sat receiver at home. Each item is given an ID number and when you ask for say the CD CHANGER that ID is called up.
Ok so it fits in the Boot under the DVD Sat nav system but thats about it.

Questions i need to ask are as follows.
Now. I have the TV button on my console but nothing apears when pressing it. So i guess something via VAG COM needs programming, I was told it is Plug and Play but I am sure you would need some sort of coding when installed.
How will i get the TV working when driving i know about the Gala cut but not to certain if this is the case with the new A6.
what for the Aeriel is there one in the rear windscreen if so where is it, is there away of finding out if there is one there or not.

In general I would just like to know more about the Procedure and any information in gerenal regarding the MMI system.

Thank you for reading my post.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Certainly not a simple task, I would guess at a VAG com coding for the Tv unit and the can gateway module.

Also, no gala trick on the new A6 and A8. There is a company in the UK offering TV in motion for around £150

Im gonna try and get my new W12 done soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts