Audi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm here to seek advice from fellow members and see if there is any action i can take to help my cause. Sorry for the long story but i'm trying to be as detailed as possible.

Found a dealership on line with the car i want at the price i was looking for. We agreed on the price and i wired $2000 as a good faith deposit. Everything is going smoothly until they send me the paper. I signed the paper work but left a couple of signatures unsigned (9 total on one paper). So they fedex me another set and this time i signed everything. I haven't heard from them after they received the second set of paper work with all signatures. i kept trying to contact them but they kept putting me off (promised that they would call/email/txt but never did). during all this time, i received two emails from the general manager thanking me for the purchase. in the last ditch effort to have them talk with me, i sent the salesman that i would contact the general manager if i don't hear from him. he replied later saying that the car was sold while i was doing my second set of paper work.

Question is, if i gave them my good faith deposit it binds me to the purchase but does it not bind them to sale the car to me? Do i have any recourse? Salesman did say that he's working on getting my good faith deposit back.

Sorry for the long story, but i'm hoping to get any advice from the members here.

Thanks!

·
Registered
868 Posts
You have been treat very badly, the only course of action is too get your money back, hopfully you paid by credit card as your money will be safe. If you didn't then the only thing you can do is keep on at them and demand that the money is returned to you within 7 working days, otherwise you will take legal action. The fact that you sent $2000 should have secured your car.

If this a genuine Audi dealer then you have every right to contact the head office and complain about your experience.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Or is it some kind of shady privately run dealership with used cars only? If so u might have hard time getting money back.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
This is a really bad deal .You better hurry up ask your money back.
Since hiwass posted this problem in April 2010 (over a year ago), your advice is probably far too late...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts