Audi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a RNS-E in a RS6 yesterday and noticed when the unit is routing the outside temp is displayed in the upper corner of the DIS. Is there any way to code this into a 2000 S4?

Also, does anyone get the track information when the routing screen is active in the DIS?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
No. For 2001 and older cars, this is a function of the instrument cluster that we do not have. The problem is with our "early" version of CANbus. I can explain further if necessary.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bugger.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
So you're saying the '02+ cars cannot press the "Reset" button on the bottom of the stalk to toggle between nav info, on board computer, and "off"???

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
NSX JR said:
So you're saying the '02+ cars cannot press the "Reset" button on the bottom of the stalk to toggle between nav info, on board computer, and "off"???
My B6 A4 does this but IIRC they removed the OFF level fromt he B7 A4.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
TeddyBGame said:
NSX JR said:
that's what i've been told.
It works on my 04 B6 S4 ...

·
Registered
68 Posts
NSX JR said:
I can do that on my RS6.
When I start up it shows compass and what location I am at (Street) because I have the compass checked on my RNS-e and by hitting the reset button it shuts of display, hit the reset button again and it shows the regular trip computer stuff. Is this what we are talking about?

Bajo

·
Registered
128 Posts
Bajors6 said:
NSX JR said:
I can do that on my RS6.
When I start up it shows compass and what location I am at (Street) because I have the compass checked on my RNS-e and by hitting the reset button it shuts of display, hit the reset button again and it shows the regular trip computer stuff. Is this what we are talking about?

Bajo
Ditto that my 02 c5a6 can toggle this as well :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.