Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have installed an Rns-e European unit to my A4 2004 Cabrio with software 0450. I have a factory Cullman mobile phone adapter fitted in the center armreat. I fit my nokia mobile phone in. when i use my mobile phone while fitted in the car adapter, the Rns-e unit mutes until i finish the call but when i press the tel button on my unit it gives me the message Telephone not installed. Will i be able to code my Rns-e to allow me answer calls and dial numbers using the head unit??
Please advice me.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
topgun9014 said:
I have installed an Rns-e European unit to my A4 2004 Cabrio with software 0450. I have a factory Cullman mobile phone adapter fitted in the center armreat. I fit my nokia mobile phone in. when i use my mobile phone while fitted in the car adapter, the Rns-e unit mutes until i finish the call but when i press the tel button on my unit it gives me the message Telephone not installed. Will i be able to code my Rns-e to allow me answer calls and dial numbers using the head unit??
Please advice me.

Thanks
You can code the RNS-E for the cullman adapter, but I honestly don't know what functionality it will give.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Cullman makes the adapter but they don't make the phone interface. Get a VAG-COM or go to a dealer and check the part number of your phone interface. If it's an 8P0 with index C you need to recode your interface and/or RNS-E. If it's an D or E you will need to replace it. If there is no interface on address #77 you will need to start over and install a new interface with a new harness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.