Audi Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...saying it can't communicate with the steering wheel, which doesn't have voice control.
How can I make this code stop appearing? (current config: 0010877)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Any more particulars on the car, installed equipment and current coding?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Since you have a VW you neither have a MFSW or FIS, even if you have an MFA or buttons on your wheel. Therefore 0010777 should be the proper coding for the telephone interface, the 00xx8xx would indicate that you have an Audi MFSW and interface.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
smash said:
AudiA4B6US said:
Since you have a VW
RS4 = Audi :oops:
As AudiA4B6US says you have your Bluetooth module coded as though you have an MFSW which I, as a fellow RS4 owner, know it isn't.

So you need to change the coding of your Bluetooth from 10877 to 10777.

Check mine in my signature - 10722 (because I am running EU software and have UK English not US English). I don't get any fault codes at all.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I got confused by your signature but still, you poor RS4 guys do not have a MFSW (unless you are in the US) and therefore 107xx is the porper coding.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
"Porper coding" is that for poor people who cannot afford the MFSW?

AudiA4B6US said:
I got confused by your signature but still, you poor RS4 guys do not have a MFSW (unless you are in the US) and therefore 107xx is the porper coding.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PetrolDave said:
So you need to change the coding of your Bluetooth from 10877 to 10777.
Okay, that got rid of the telephone code. I tried that before but apparently you have to shut the car off, remove the key (so bluetooth disconnects), THEN turn it back on and the code will clear. What a pain!

Still have the steering wheel "improperly coded" problem. :(

·
Registered
530 Posts
What coding do you have for the RNS-E itself?

·
Registered
530 Posts
I would have thought it should be 0309733

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alister said:
I would have thought it should be 0309733
All that does is change it from:
6 = Telematic US (Remote Feed Voltage for Microphone inactive)
to:
7 = Base Plate diagnostic capable with Comfort Control

Bluetooth comes standard so why would that help?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
xxxx7xx is Europe only, the US uses xxxx6xx. If the steering wheel control modul says "improperly coded" it would make sense if you would post the current coding for the steering wheel control modul.

·
Registered
530 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
xxxx7xx is Europe only, the US uses xxxx6xx. If the steering wheel control modul says "improperly coded" it would make sense if you would post the current coding for the steering wheel control modul.
Oops, sorry, thought smash was in Europe for some reason.

FWIW Australia also use xxxx7xx.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
Steering wheel is coded 06021. :(
Not sure what to do about that

1 - 17 of 17 Posts