Audi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my new adapter harness and my front speakers arent working..

i noticed a couple of potential problems with my adapter..
-- the front speakers on connector A wired correctly..
-- but the front speaker line outs on connector C are also wired in..
-- lastly, the Bose pin is wired to ground - is that correct??..

i am guessing either the front speaker line out should be disconnected; the Bose pin should be disconnected or the coding is wrong??..

the coding i am using is 0301111..

i know the RNS-E front channels are good because i was borrowing an incomplete harness until this one arrived and only the front speakers worked.. (old style adapter that did not have K-line, had lose CAN-BUS wires, no CDC, no phone, ect -- just connectors A & D)..

FYI::
Symphony II to EU RNS-E installed in A4, w/o Bose

any ideas??.. thanks..

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
AFAIK, the Bose pin should not be connected. Having both line out and spearker wires connected shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks!!..

for Bose vehicles is the Bose pin connected to ground or _________??..

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome!!!..

that should do the trick..

hopefully i will have time to test it tonight.. whenever i verify it, i will post the results..

thanks again..

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
On a correctly wired adapter the Bose pin on the RNS-E connectors should be connected to the Bose pin on the Symphony (or whatever radio you had) connectors - and nowhere else!

Then if the car has Bose the RNS-E will see the Bose pin grounded, and if the car doesn't have Bose then the RNS-E will see the Bose pin floating.

With your Bose pin grounded the RNS-E internal amps will be disabled - and hence no sound from the front speakers.

IMHO with all the information there has been on these forums over the last few months, there really is no excuse for any of the adapter manufacturers we buy from either getting the connections wrong, or supplying the wrong connectors (I'm thinking Fakra & GPS here).

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
PetrolDave said:
IMHO with all the information there has been on these forums over the last few months, there really is no excuse for any of the adapter manufacturers we buy from either getting the connections wrong, or supplying the wrong connectors (I'm thinking Fakra & GPS here).
So true :?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts