Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little off topic but in case anybody has access to the new head units (Europe and/or North America), it would be great to post some pictures of the front/top/back and the wiring diagram.

The new head units (A3/A4) are both supposed to be double DIN with the ability to play MP3 CDs on the internal drive. The Concert II+ is a single CD player, the Symphony II+ has an internal 6 CD changer. Both units may come with a Quadlock connector similar to the RNS-E style.

And while we are on the topic, pictures from the new BNS 5.0 Navigation (no plus) unit, inlcuding wiring diagram, would be great as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Having pulled a Concert II out of a 2006 A3, I can say that it did not use a quadlock, but the standard ISO connectors. Looked just like past Audis.

ALso, it's a single-DIN unit.

Saw my first new Symphony at the shop today (also an A3). Bright knobs, different look.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you got a single DIN Concert then you saw the old one, not the new Concert II+.

I haven't read anything about AoA offering the Concert II+, just the Symphony II+ was announced for MY 2007 when the RS4 got introduced. But in Europe/Germany the new Concert II+ got announced for the A3 starting with build dates sometimes between now and the end of the year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts