Audi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to help a friend to install the RNS-E in his 2002 B5 S4. One question left is what kind of diversity antenna the B5 Symphony I has. I tried to find pictures but they all show only the ISO connectors and not the SMB/ISO antenna plug.

So, if it's an SMB plug, do you remove the housing to get it inserted into the dual Fakra housing? Or is there an adapter required like the one for the RNS-D?

Also, any chance that his 2002 B5 has the Infotainment CAN in the 20 pin Connector I?

Thanks,
Dirk

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
You'll need the symphony I type antenna adapter from europarts that has two pigtails, not one. It is an SMB type connector, not the curry yellow FAKRA one as on the symphony II

It is possible that the CAN wires are there, they seem to appear randomly in B5 S4 cars.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Lee...

·
Registered
996 Posts
Dirk,
in a Sym I to RNS-E, you need the connector in the 2nd picture. See my pdf via www.nsxjr.com for more details.

As far as I know, Euro-parts (Lanny) is sold out of those connectors in the 2nd pix. It's tough to get stuff out of Germany during the month of August...when everyone is on holiday. :(

As for the 3rd picture, I'm not sure when you would use that connector. It wasn't something commonly used for RNS-D upgrades.....so I'm not sure.

Good luck!
-Ted

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the reply, Ted, but this topic is 5 months old and the install went without any issue at that time. Well, after we got that fricking Symphony I out. My friend got the diversity adapter from [email protected] at that time.

BTW, no everybody in Germany is on vacation in August, that's France and Italy where they do this...

·
Registered
996 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
Thanks for the reply, Ted, but this topic is 5 months old and the install went without any issue at that time. Well, after we got that fricking Symphony I out. My friend got the diversity adapter from [email protected] at that time.

BTW, no everybody in Germany is on vacation in August, that's France and Italy where they do this...
I never read the dates on these posts. Looked like something worth reponding too.

As for germans on vacation -- I just got back from spending a week in Munich....and most of the country was on holiday. I knew this because it was very difficult to rent a car in Germany. Of course...your mileage my vary. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts