Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I've recently retrofitted the RNSE to my 04 A6 Avant and setup the compass to display to the DIS (red one).
Originally channel 62 on my intrument cluster was 1 so I set it to 5 to enable navigation on the DIS.

Now, whenever the DIS displays either compass or navigation data I am unable to switch between
that view and the trip computer. Is there some other channel setting that I am missing here?? or
am I destined to lose that functionality whenever compass or nav info is displayed?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
peter_t said:
Hi there,
I've recently retrofitted the RNSE to my 04 A6 Avant and setup the compass to display to the DIS (red one).
Originally channel 62 on my intrument cluster was 1 so I set it to 5 to enable navigation on the DIS.

Now, whenever the DIS displays either compass or navigation data I am unable to switch between
that view and the trip computer. Is there some other channel setting that I am missing here?? or
am I destined to lose that functionality whenever compass or nav info is displayed?
If you have a wiper stalk with the reset switch on the lower edge, then pressing that cycles between: trip1 -> trip2 -> nav

If you don't have the reset switch then you have to disable the compass and nav instructions to be able to see the (limited) trip computer functions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I have the wiper stalk with the rocker switch (and reset button underneath).
Repeatedly pressing it up or down gives no change in information until I go out
of navigation mode, I did see that some people had to wait for a day or two before
their red DIS display "settled down" I wonder if thats what I should do.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
It's not up/down, it's the rest button below that you have to press to switch between DIS1/DIS2/NAV/OFF

1 - 5 of 5 Posts