Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have bought a new car, a B7 A4 with Symphony II and Bose and Bluetooth. At the moment I have an A3 8P with only Bose. I retrofitted RNS-E into this car. When I bought the adapter the wire that came out of the K Line at the quadlock end went to the Bose pin at the car end. So as the 8P did not use k line I simply moved it from k line at the quadlock end onto the bose pin. So I had a fully working adapter on my RNS-E!

Now that I am going to retrofit RNS-E into my new A4 my questions are:

1. Can I use the same PnP adapter that I take out of my 8P(As I am taking my RNSE out prior to handing the car back to the dealer). How will I tell if it has the wire for the bluetooth?

2. Obviously I need to replace the K Line, so are there any other spare wires I could use in its place, and where does the K Line run to on the end that plugs into the car.

Thanks

Terry

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
You can get the adapter to work but the 8P0 RNS-E will not fit the A4 at all (different faceplate). If you can get an 8E0 faceplate you can get it to work but those are kind of hard to get in perfect condition.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

I was going to sell my A3 unit and buy a new A4 unit. So it was just the adapter I was after the info about. Thanks very much. So do you know of a spare wire I could use to replace the K line wire I used to make the bose wire.

Terry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.