Audi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which SW can I use to "burn" MP3 files and playlists onto an SD Card?

Roxio Easy CD Creator only writes to CD/DVD drives - I need something that will write to an SD Card connected via a USB adapter.

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP2.

:?:

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do I create the .m3u playlist?

:) I've already got the SD reader/writer connected via USB and working fine.

Finding the .mp3 files isn't a problem - they're in my folders in the 'My Music' folder.

:?: But how do I create the .m3u playlist file? I can't persuade my Roxio MP3 creator SW to write the .m3u to hard disk (or if it has, to tell me where it's put it).

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
You could use Window Media Player to create the m3u files, just reate a new playlist and save that playlist as m3u...

·
Registered
515 Posts
i was messing around with the SD cards last night..

i didnt have much luck with playlists.. i used windows media player to create the playlists and i saved them as .m3u, but they show up.. :? any tricks??..

i think i may have done it backwards.. i created the playlist and saved the m3u to the SD card, then i copied the mp3s to the SD card..

thinking about it now, i guess the pointers in the m3u probably dont work like that.. :idea: i am going to try to copy the mp3s to the SD card 1st, then create the playlist and save the m3u to the SD card..

anyone have any success??

i was able to see mp3s in the root directory and in folders, no problems there..

thanks ..

·
Registered
42 Posts
try copying all your mp3s to the SD card first. then using WMP or Winamp, play a song from your SD. then create a playlist and save it on the SD card.

i'm thinking that when u create the playlist off your HD (before copying it to the SD card), it wants to look for the songs on your HD and not on your SD card?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts