Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

First of all, is it possible to do a factory reset for the Rns-e unit? (return to factory settings without any update?).
Can you please send me the update file Sw 0500 for Rns-e by mail?
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
83 Posts
topgun9014 said:
Hello All,

First of all, is it possible to do a factory reset for the Rns-e unit? (return to factory settings without any update?).
Can you please send me the update file Sw 0500 for Rns-e by mail?
Thanks guys.
Reset can be done by choosing "setup" in any function and then "settings" -> "default settings" (or something like this). Your userdata is NOT deleted with this function, but can be deleted in the same menu "setup" -> "settings" -> "delete userdata" (or something like this).

You have mail!

Cheers

Per

·
Registered
37 Posts
Could someone please also send me the sw500 files via email?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can someone send me the files also, so would like to update my RNS-E (2004) Also to the latest version.

Thanks
Marcel.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Be careful about just updating the firmware, as your old nav dvd's may not work. Your best option is to buy the 2007 or 2006 DVD from eBay.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I think that the 500 firmware will only read 2005 and later dvd's but I could be wrong. You can buy the 2006 dvd's from ebay for about £25. I may even have a 2006 dvd kicking around if you what to buy one.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Haaggie said:
with the latest firmware from the 2007 EU DVD (=SW 0550) you only can use the 2005_2, 2006 and 2007 DVD
... and 2006_1 !

·
Registered
5 Posts
From experinance.. the latest sw version 550 will stop my navigation version 2004 was to late to read the post complete, :-( :oops: :roll: :(
I have the 2007 version on my HDD but is 7Gb ?!? is this correct ? And how to burn it on a DVD+ wich is only 4Gb

Thanks
Marcel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Went to the Audi Dealer today.....Sorry navigation is not working anymore..the checked the system, and the DVD is broken... :?: :!: :?: The called the lease company...yes of course the driver can have an new DVD .... I'm driving arround with an 2007 version (2 dic's) and software version 550... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good service @ Audi.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts