Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I've just joined this forum and I'd just like to say that it's great to see you guys working on these codes, I'm an Audi tech in France and I can confirm that since Audi introduced the new A4, A5 and Q5 life has become rather difficult for us.
The way I see svm codes is that if the code exists then it has been approved by Audi, Once we use the code, We do in fact change the Data base in Germany and the equipment fitted appears in the list of original equipment for the car! I have used the codes and seen some time after that the list is indeed updated. And don't worry, when you pass for a service and the tech control your car with the vas, nothing will be lost.
This said, there are not a hell of a lot of codes avalible. Sometimes I just find another car and copy their hexa decimal codes, for example electric wing mirrors, but this does not work with MMI 3G, But were there's a will there's a way. We just have to serch in the right places!

·
Registered
8 Posts
You sure are right about fewer svm codes, It's a bit frustrating though, people want to add equipment to their cars, they can with other manufacturers (which I won't mention here) I'm thinking about trying the 5f kit on sale at kufatec, but they ask us to send the unit to them for coding. Prefer to do that myself. We can supply the I'pod kit for the CAN based models and the svm remains the same 050 170. When you look at the fakra conection on the 5F, it seems possible to add the I'pod cable even with MOST? I ordered the kit, I'll try it out.... who knows?
a8 tech, I'm not sure what you think, but I reckon once a company starts to over protect (microsoft for example) It can only be bad publicity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.