Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
The only problem is that D600 doesn't pair with the TEL interface (at least in my test)
I bought one for my wife and tried to use it with TEL module but no go. This is one of the the best phones I saw lately (extrasharp screen and ergonomics).

also I found simiilar article:

Seoul July 1, 2005; Kim Sung-jin writing for the Korea Times reported that Samsung Electronics and German automaker Audi have teamed up to introduce Bluetooth technology that enables users to listen to MP3 music files from their mobile handsets in Hi-Fi stereo over the car’s stereo system.

The world’s third-largest mobile handset maker said yesterday that it has developed a new mobile handset by adopting Bluetooth stereo technology called Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP), which allows MP3 music files in mobile handsets to be transmitted to an A2DP capable car stereo system.

Samsung Electronics and Audi have invited some 130 journalists from U.S. and European news media to Audi headquarters in Germany between June 22-28 to showcase the new A2DP technology with Anycall SGH-D600 and Audi A6 Avant Quattro.

The electronics giant plans to expand A2DP supporting cellular phone models in the future, including the i300 smart phone that comes with a 3-gigabyte hard disk memory.

Foreign automobile makers plan to further integrate Bluetooth technology into automobiles. U.S. digital jukebox maker Apple Computer is expanding partnerships with global auto nameplates, such as BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Audi, to incorporate MP3 players into their latest luxury models.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe it's possible with other bluetooth phones?

I think this is a nice concept. Especially with a 3G/EV-DO enabled smart phone, you would technically be able to stream any internet radio station straight to your car--or better yet stream from the music collection on your home PC.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
I've tried playing an MP3 file on my paired Nokia N70 while in my car - but the sound doesn't come over the RNS-E. Only telephone calls are heard via the RNS-E.

The devil lies in the comment "all you would need is a software upgrade to the RNS-E" - well our experience is that the possibility of us influencing Audi 's decisions as to what software upgrades are done to the RNS-E is precisely ZERO. So, don't hold your breath....

Unless .... we can find someone ourselves who can write software for the RNS-E. Several people have posted here on this subject over the last year or so with a burst of initial enthusuiasm, but so far there has been no tangible results from their work (if they are still working on it...).

Sorry to be negative - but we've had entire threads devoted to the subject "I would like the RNS-E software upgraded to do ...", and we have made no progress, so far, with making anything happen.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Rumor has it that the B8 MMI system will support A2DP. Not a big suprise since it will be based on the A6/A8 MMI system. leaves the question if at that time the little Audis (A2/A3) will get an RNS-E that supports this feature aas well, probably by an external interface. Since the A3 facelift will happen in late 2007 (Europe) they could release a new RNS or new software for the current RNS-E to allow this. In any case I would expect at least two more years to go by before we see this in an Audi.

Does anybody know if there is PC software that emulates A2DP using a standard BT key or so? Or ist this hardware dependent?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts