Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first time I've ever had any sort of problems with my RNS-E (Euro unit convered to US).

I was driving along and I went to select a destination from Previous Destinations. I got into the right menu, pressed to confirm the address I wanted and...nothing.

Pressed the main round button again...nothing. Tried pressing return...nothing. Tried every other button on the RNS-E...nothing. It was frozen.
I shut off the RNS-E from the power button, turned it back on...and still nothing.

I ended up shutting off the car and restarting, which seemed to have fixed the problem...all the buttons worked again.

I went back to Previous Destinations, this time it worked...but when going along the route, it only showed exit numbers without the actual street names or any other information. Very strange.

I ended up shutting off the car again, letting it sit for a minute and restarted and now it all seems fine.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Sounds like your DVD was freezing up causing you nav functions to also freeze. Letting the unit rest usually solves the problem temporarily. You may want to think about getting a fresh copy of the DVD.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
I had exactly the same happen to me when I was using a poor copy DVD - I've never had it happen when using a good copy or an original DVD (from eBay, not Audi rip off prices!).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.