Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We picked up my wife's 2007 Avant last week and I've noticed a few annoyances that seem like they might be just due to improper coding or perhaps a botched upgrade to the latest nav version.

- When you first start the nav, it lists the location as Saskatchewan, Kanada (with a K?!?) despite me having set the start location as our city (Newton, MA)

- It does not display the city name for the current location under nav info (instead it lists the county) As a result, if you're navigating to a previous or saved location it may get confused and send you to your street name but in the wrong city.

- The nav lady's voice is very clipped and hard to understand (esp compared to the voice from my RNS-E), and the directions often come too late (after you've passed the intersection she's referring to. ) The voice also offers a lot less guidance than the RNS-E.

If anyone has any ideas as to the cause and remedy of these issues I'd appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
You mention RNS-E in your post, yet you have posted this in the MMI forum.

MMI is only fitted to the C6 A6, A8 and Q7 - if your 2007 car is an A3 or A4 you should post this in the RNS-E forum. The guys who know about the RNS-E will then see it and hopefully give you some answers.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm posting about the MMI Nav in my wife's 2007 A6 Avant. I mentioned the RNS-E that I have in my car by way of comparison.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Kanada (engl./frz.: Canada) ist ein Bundesstaat in Nordamerika.
- well according to Wikipedia. Amazing what a quick search will do for you :)

Looks like you are right, there's at least something wrong with the country coding. This is a good example of a "SEP" - Someone Elses Problem - in this case the dealer - get 'em to sort it out for you.

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts