Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys..

Not an answer this time, but a question from Tony.

Situation: 8P0 035 192 A (Okt 05 Audi A3 Unit), with 0100 SW.
Inserted 2005_2 (0360 SW) .
System started with software upgrade. The status bar stops at almost the end and then halts for 3 minutes. The system reboots itself and perform the update again..

In the meanwhile when the unit is rebooting I am able to open the screen and release the DVD. At that time a very funny message appears on the screen: Insert DVD and also some japanese text.

Has anyone any idea what is wrong with this unit ?
I did not try another DVD, or 0450 DVD..

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The symptom sounds like a messed up MOT file. Can you post the version details from Engineering mode? Are you using an original DVD?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I had the same error once:

[siteimg:f35a74cfd3]525[/siteimg:f35a74cfd3]

Looks like your EEPROM is flashed incorrectly and include corrupted files or no files at all. It could happen when firmware upload was interrupted or wrong values were loaded.

It will be very tricky to fix. I send mine unit back to supplier because I didn't have time to play with it.[/img]

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys..
thanks for the support.
Proxus: That's the screen I see!

I got home and immediately went to the RNS-E Labatory!
I managed to remove the inserted (original 2005_2) disc and inserted a 2006 disc (0450 SW). The same error occured.

Then I inserted the 2005 (0100SW) disc, the RNS-E performed the update and it finished correctly.

So Dirk, I guess it's not a damaged MOT file since it's an original disc and I also tried the 0450 version. The 2005 version is not causing any problems. Ofcourse I tried to update the system again after updating the 2005 version, but unfortunately it failed.

Anyone ideas how to get this system to the latest firmware?

regards,
Tony

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
It may not be a damaged MOT file but still a version mismatch that is confusion the unit. Can you get the version number in Engineering Mode or with VAG-COM?

·
Registered
515 Posts
i got that screen once on my old EU unit.. i had corrupted files on my SD card and the unit froze.. i started mashing buttons and the Japanese screen popped up..

i believe i disconnected the power, removed the SD card and luckily the system came back..

very scary though..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts