Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I install Nav+ in December. Dealer upgrade VAG codes and everything works perfect, only when I turn car off (doesn’t matter unit is On or Off) after couple of minutes I hear some “Boom†sound from subwoofer.
It’s repeated like every 20 -40 minutes and happened more when I open a trunk door with engine still off.
I can live with that, but battery is death in one month.
At first time dialer just replaces battery by warranty and adjusts some VAG codes.
In one month that battery gone again and dealer reject to replace battery and say:
Because wires harness is not original Audi can’t keep warranty, instead he ask me to bring him factory warranty for Nav Plus and replace unit.
I’m pretty sure everything is OK with unit and may be some wires are connected wrong.
Could you please give me advice how to fix that?
I made search on forum and internet, but there is no result…

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Question just to understand and test result:
Does that wire RNS hard power off when I lock the doors with the remote?
I’m asking because in my installation lock the door with remote does not turn off RNS unit.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
D13 and D16 are in the RNS-E connector, not in the small symphony radio connector that you show in your picture. I'm talking about the large square locking connector that attaches directly to the navigation unit. You do not have to cut any wires, simply move the wire you have in pin D16 into pin D13.

There is a large label on top of the RNS-E navigation unit that shows a diagram of the connector that you can use for reference.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Alex_a3 said:
Sorry for dummy question,
Which one are D16 and D13.
I have picture and only 3 wires came from car side

http://www.navplus.us/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=526

Could you please point me on right wires?
From left to right and from top to bottom.
Thank you
[siteimg:9f9baab3f8]526[/siteimg:9f9baab3f8]

you can remove (you can use paper clip):

- blue wire with tag "CUT IF NOT USED" :D
- yellow wire above the blue one

the rest is fine. If I remember good remaining wires are fow POWER 12V / Ground and K-Line which is proper connection for this plug.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you.
I have moved the wire in pin D16 into pin D13 and “boom†sound is gone.
Unit still works properly.
Also I install new battery and will wait until morning.
You can’t imagine how helpful your forum is.
Thank you.
:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts