Audi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 spoke tiptronic to 4 spoke multifunction telephone/radio tiptronic steeringwheel is complete, all u need is this part number 8E0 971 589 D
about 50.00 at the dealer or 3.00 at the junk yard and vag .
you will need to start the car about 3 times then button lights up and start working :wink:

·
Registered
92 Posts
could you tell me more about the swap?

i have located a 4 spoke mf steering wheel with the airbag and i'm looking to fit that in my b6a4 which has a normal 3 spoke wheel with no controls whatsoever..

let me know :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey TeddyBGamey i emailed u some pics and part # can u post them?
i don,t know how to upload pics.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
This method only works for B6/B7 cars because their steering wheel electronics are the same in every car no matter what steering wheel was installed at the factory.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry...that would make sense wouldn't it. I have a 2004 B6 S4 which currently has the steering wheel with paddle controls. I have a RNS-e 192C model installed for over a year now.

·
Registered
87 Posts
audi1 said:
3 spoke tiptronic to 4 spoke multifunction telephone/radio tiptronic steeringwheel is complete, all u need is this part number 8E0 971 589 D
you will need to start the car about 3 times then button lights up and start working :wink:
Does anyone know the bes way to get a 4 spoke mfw?... and how much they run? thx.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
This will cost you about $1500 from the dealership for the steering wheel and airbag. Yes, you do need both.

Keep searching ebay, you'll find them on there occasionally.

·
Registered
1 Posts
audi1 said:
So did you have to buy a new MFSW control unit, like NSX JR had originally said here, and all the re wiring?

http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1530

I'm kind of confused then when NSX JR says "This method only works for B6/B7 cars because their steering wheel electronics are the same in every car no matter what steering wheel was installed at the factory."

Doesnt steering wheel eletronics mean, the control unit?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Yes, the B6/B7 have the control unit built into the steering column electronics, unlike the C5 and B5 which have a separate control unit under the dash.

So, for B6/B7 cars (if equipped with cruise control or tiptronic steering wheel from the factory) these will already have the correct SCSM to simply plug and play a MFSW.

For B5 or C5 cars it takes more work to retrofit a MFSW if it was not fitted from the factory.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts