Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all-
Just got a 2004 B6 S4, very very happy with the car but i really want navigation. I have read all about how to change over the symphony II to the Nav Plus Rns-E but have a few questions:

1. Will my steering wheel controls work still?

2. How do I use a bluetooth phone with the RNs-E unit and also is that what that steering wheel button on the bottom right that has a phone pic on it is used for????

Thanks Shawn

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
SOcal said:
Just got a 2004 B6 S4, very very happy with the car but i really want navigation. I have read all about how to change over the symphony II to the Nav Plus Rns-E but have a few questions:

1. Will my steering wheel controls work still?

2. How do I use a bluetooth phone with the RNs-E unit and also is that what that steering wheel button on the bottom right that has a phone pic on it is used for????
1) Yes, you just need to make sure the RNS-E is coded (using VAG-COM) to use the MFSW (Multi Function Steering Wheel) that is fitted to your car.

2) When you get your RNS-E you should get a combined RNS-E and Bluetooth upgrade kit (preferably from one of the trusted sellers on this forum, that's the best and safest way). That will come with all the parts and cables you need to add sat nav and Bluetooth to your S4. And yes the button with the phone on is to work with the Audi phone kit.

The Bluetooth phone will "pair" with the interface in the car and, if you choose a fully compatible phone, your phonebook and call lists will also be downloaded to the RNS-E.

·
Registered
737 Posts
You have the same car as I do but I have a 2005. You won't regret getting it. I would have a custom wiring harness made specifically for ease of installation of the BT kit. I would also have it coded for Video in Motion so you won't have to send it out later if you decide to add it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts