Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm thinking of fitting a BT module to my wifes allroad.
We have an RNS-E (HW:44, SW:550) in an 04 allroad Limited Edition

Her steering wheel has radio controls only.
The left side is up and down arrows (change CD) and left arrow (change track)
The right side is the volume controls and the right arrow (change track).

Can I operate the BT (and voice controls) with this wheel or do I need to change the wheel or switches?
I see on ETKA that the switches are available separately. Can I just order the switches for Radio and Telephone and plug them straight in?

Rich

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I'm pretty sure NSX-JNR has done some work on this problem, it may be down to recoding the wheel controller and swapping the buttons, but I can't really remember. Maybe try a search for the wheel functionality.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Found it

"You can recode your steering wheel so that the bottom two buttons act like the telephone buttons. So, even though they display "<" and ">", they will in fact work just like they had the phone icons.

You can install the BT module anywhere you want. I suggest in the '02 A6 that you simply install behind the glovebox somewhere. Starting in '02, the A6 did not have the pre-wiring for the analog telephone system, so you cannot use the same installation method that I used in the trunk."

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Absolutely correct. You don't need to buy the replacement switches unless you just want to spend the money to have the right icons.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.