Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my rns-e seems to switch on much quieter now than it used to

the old rns-d had an option for the startup volume - previous or a set volume - is there a similar function on the rns-e?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
This is one of the biggest things that I miss from my Sym2. The "MAX ON VOLUME" setting. It is nice to be able to set it to something reasonable so I don't have to remember to turn down my volume everytime before turning off the car. I wish someone would figure out an adaptation channel for this or something!

·
Registered
367 Posts
I had been nosing around looking at the engineering mode screens and I noticed that the "Audio Test 3" screen lists the volume level. It seemed to me that afterwards, the power-on volume was higher than it had been before so yesterday I tried turning the volume down while on that screen, backed out of engineering mode and reset the unit. Now, it appears that the power-on volume is now lower.

This may all be in my mind, but this could be the answer to anyone who's unit is too loud.

:?:

·
Registered
249 Posts
that's weird b/c mine always starts at the same level... no matter how loud or low it was before i turned it off...

·
Registered
20 Posts
seems to me that if you turn the unit off before turning off the vehicle, the volume stays at that level. however if you don't , then i think the volume is set to come on at a pre-determined level after the power is cut.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.