Audi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the RNS-E have SVC? I havent noticed the volume changing with speed. Would love to know how to turn it on..

Thanks

·
Registered
530 Posts
It's 'GALA' in the menu.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
SVC = GALA = DSP, different names for the same thing.

If set to 0 (zero) then you get no change in volume with speed. 5 gives the maximum increase with speed.

Of course, if you have Bose (since about 2004MY) then you will have the AudioPilot system instead of GALA and you won't have anything to change since the AudioPilot automatically changes the volume and tone settings according to interior noise not speed. Going up a hill at a steady speed in an S4 or RS4 with AudioPilot is quite fun, as the engine load increases and it gets louder so the volume of the audio goes up too (and the bass content increases as well)!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does the RNS-E have SVC? I havent noticed the volume changing with speed. Would love to know how to turn it on..
I have the same question and I get a different answer from everyone I ask.

Can I, or the dealer or anyone, enable GALA while leaving the AudioPilot system untouched?

My dealer says:
If you have Bose/AudioPilot then GALA doesn't exist in your radio.
Audi Corporate says:
If you have Bose AudioPilot then GALA is simply deactivated because AudioPilot is so terrific!
People at the Audi Club bulletin board say:
If you have Bose AudioPilot then GALA is simply deactivated and AudioPilot is crap and we should all throw away our stereos and buy...whatever.
Bose says:
AudioPilot is the most fantastic thing ever for cars and it should take care of all of my listening desires...oh, and 90% of '07 Corvette owners have complained that it doesn't work, but we tell them that it does work and then it's OK.

I have RNS-e in my '07 Imola Yellow special build A3 and I cannot tell that AudioPilot does anything at any time....ever! So again, I need the help of you with the big brains... Can I enable GALA while leaving the AudioPilot system untouched? I have already figgered out how to install Homelink using the factory visor and gotten used to all the other dealership issues. This is my last quest.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes. Thanks so much! Unfortunately (and I should have mentioned this) My dealership claims that because the bulletin is from '04 that it doesn't apply to my RNS-E equipped A3. Do you know the truth?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I woulod check your Bose amp and see if it's wired up the same way. If it is I suppose it should be possible to disable the AudioPilot and code the head unit to use SVC instead.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Do all new A3 with BOSE have Audiopilot instead of GALA then, or is it just those with BOSE & RNS-E?

Reason I ask is I had a brand new A3 loaner the other week which had BOSE and Symphony and it was a nightmare. The volume would go really really quiet when stationary but then get much louder when I started moving at more than about 10mph. There was no smooth increase in volume, it was a noticable jump as if you'd reached over and turned the volume up about 3 or 4 settings! Utterly intolerable.

Is this the Audiopilot system in operation? If so then it's a total mess and I will be DEMANDING the dealer deactivates it on pain of death! :)

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts