Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this has been asked, but is there any DVD's out there for my RNS-E which show Speed Cameras in the UK?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
It's been asked and answered before.

The RNS-E only takes Audi DVDs and they don't include speed camera data.

There is no way of adding your own POI's, not even using the SD cards - so there is no way to add speed camera data yourself either.

I have a Cyclops to provide me speed camera data and accurate speed information.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Haaggie said:
The key phrase in that article is this:
NAVTEQ said:
Updated data for all countries will be released every month to NAVTEQ customers.
So updated data will be available to Audi every month, but by the time it gets onto a DVD which we purchase the speed camera data will be several months or even years old (based on how out of date the current road mapping data on our DVD's is).

In the UK temporary speed cameras are moved every few weeks, so we will get many "false positives" and many "missed cameras" with data this old - so it won't help protect our licences - sorry should have said "make our roads safer".

BTW there was yet another serious injury accident last week on the M11 caused by drivers braking suddenly for a speed camera, speed cameras do NOT improve road safety - they simply make us all look at our speedos more and the road less. The official DfT (Department for Transport) statistics published last month prove that only 5% of accidents are caused by exceeding the speed limit, yet 90% of the road policing budget is spent on this issue. They also prove that if the UK had NOT installed speed cameras we would be killing 1200 people less per year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts