Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've sorted out my coding for the Bluetooth and changed it from 0001622 to 0011602 (hope this is correct) and I now have the Bluetooth logo on the RNS along with all my contacts. :D

I still have a problem in that when I press my PTT button on the MFSW I get the word "SPEAK" in the colour DIS but the voice is in German :shock:

When I go to the setup on the RNS and try and change the language on the Speech Dialogue System I'm unable to as it's greyed out. I have 3 options, "Repeat command", which I can change but "Language" and "Delete all name tags" are both greyed out - Help!

I've tried looking at Channel 37 with VAG-COM but I keep getting the "No Controller Found" message.

My system details are

RNS 8E0 035 192 H 0550 HW70
BT 8PO 862 335 H
VAG-COM 607.3-UD
Genuine HEX-USB+CAN ver 1.65

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Markpaq said:
I still have a problem in that when I press my PTT button on the MFSW I get the word "SPEAK" in the colour DIS but the voice is in German :shock:

When I go to the setup on the RNS and try and change the language on the Speech Dialogue System I'm unable to as it's greyed out. I have 3 options, "Repeat command", which I can change but "Language" and "Delete all name tags" are both greyed out - Help!
Haaggie and I (and maybe others) have seen this happen with SW 0550. Just wait and try again and the greyed out language option will (eventually) appear in normal text and you'll be able to change the SDS language to English.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dave.

Could it be related to the fact that I haven't actually used the NAV at all yet? I'm waiting to get the new Sharkfin installed so the system has never seen any satellites yet.

Also, does my coding for my model of Bluetooth look ok?

TVM

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I used 11802 for an A4 with Speech dialogue RNS-E & BT with MFSW

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I found that 4 is for an A3 and 8 is for an A4/A6

Not sure about the others.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All OK now!

:D

Well, for whatever reason, mine has started working.

I've been driving around for a while now with the setup screen and menu option for speech dialogue language selection greyed out but this evening it all of a sudden became active and allowed me to select English - :D :D :D

I am now a very happy bunny!

For anyone else out there with HW70 and 0550, just give it time and it will work eventually.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Re: All OK now!

Markpaq said:
just give it time and it will work eventually.
Just what I said a few days ago!!!

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Re: All OK now!

Markpaq said:
PetrolDave said:
Markpaq said:
just give it time and it will work eventually.
Just what I said a few days ago!!!
:lol:

Ok Dave, chill!

I was only trying to reiterate your advice and provide some sort of timeline in that mine took 5 days from install till it was working.

:D
I'm always chilled!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used 11802 for an A4 with Speech dialogue RNS-E & BT with MFSW
Today I want re-code my telephone from 0001822 to 011802 but I have an error message. :-( Coding rejected Error 31: Request out of range

How can I repair this problem? I´m only re-code to 001802 now.
I have OEM MFSW, RNS-E unit (8E0 035 192 C) HW56 SW0660 with SDS hack, Telephone BT(8P0 862 335 D)

Thank you for your help

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Today I want re-code my telephone from 0001822 to 011802 but I have an error message. :-( Coding rejected Error 31: Request out of range

How can I repair this problem? I´m only re-code to 001802 now.
I have OEM MFSW, RNS-E unit (8E0 035 192 C) HW56 SW0660 with SDS hack, Telephone BT(8P0 862 335 D)

Thank you for your help
The only way to fix it is to replace your BT module - the D version that you have CANNOT be coded for the RNS-E enhanced features (phonebook and call list sharing), so it will not accept a code 01xxxx.

See http://audiforum.us/part-numbers/7639-audi-bluetooth-tel-interface-part-numbers.html

·
Registered
9 Posts
The only way to fix it is to replace your BT module - the D version that you have CANNOT be coded for the RNS-E enhanced features (phonebook and call list sharing), so it will not accept a code 01xxxx.

See http://audiforum.us/part-numbers/7639-audi-bluetooth-tel-interface-part-numbers.html
Ok thanks, but where is the problem when my telephone doesn´t work right. When I had only voice control for telephone all funcion were good. When I install SDS Hack all funcions for Radio, CD, Directory and Navigation are good too, but functions for telephone are bad now..

For example If I say Dial number BT woman say Cancel, and when I say Redail BT woman say No number available...

After install SDS Hack I´m only try re-code RNS-E from 0301215 to 0301715 but on my display is appear text SIM so I return it to 0301215.My BT I´m re-code from 0001822 to 0001802 but I don´t see any difference.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Haaggie and others;

Now that I have the BT module working, do you know if it's possible to to the SDS trick on mine? -It's a USA RNS-E with 0260 software and MFSW. The BT module is revision 336 S / AA.

Keith

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
do you know if it's possible to to the SDS trick on mine? -It's a USA RNS-E with 0260 software and MFSW.
SDS can only be enabled on EU SW, it cannot be enabled on US SW even with the SDS hack.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts