Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. Yes, most of you are going to say that i must do a search. I have and have had no joy. I had my RNS-E unit changed due to scratches on the screen (insurance job). I fitted it today. Everything seemed to be pre-coded and working fine. I tried to use the NAV and it sees the disk as an update disk.
Previous info: SW:0360 HW:H72 MAP:M1N05408_SN0406.
New info:SW:0360 HW:H71.
The map DVD is the South Afican one.
Where do i go on VAG to change the hemisphere? I tried adaptation, number 10 and changed this to 1, but no joy. I am busy now trying to modify the disk, but thought i would ask all the same. I have a A3 Sportback (8P) 2.0T with RNS-E, MFSW & BT. Please help. Oh, by the way, if it wasn't for all of the great information on this site, i wouldn't have even known that it was possible to fit the RNS-E in my car. Audi here said it wasn't possible. Thanks.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Where did the replacement RNS-E come from?

I've had issues in the past with a Euro RNS-E w/ SW 0330 being able to accept a local (Australian) 0330 map disk.

I had to downgrade the SW first (to a previous version) and then let it do the upgrade using a local 0330 disk.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The new unit came from Germany. How would i go about downgrading the software? Maybe i should just get the insurance company to organise the latest disk. Would that help?

·
Registered
530 Posts
If it's come from Germany you'll definitely need to re-code it for southern hemisphere, so given that that is the simplest/easiest thing to try I'd be starting with that.

Do you have access to VAGCOM? Otherwise you'll need to get to a dealer.

You need to recode STG 56 -> Adaptation -> Function 10. Change Channel 010 (Region) to 1 (Southern hemisphere).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alister. Thanks for your input. I do have VAG and a cable and changed the coding as you explained but it hasn't made a difference.
I tried to make a back-up DVD changing certain text from SA back to EU as explained in the forum but that also didn't make a difference. I'm at a loss now. The new DVD's are so expensive here to get an upgrade.
How do i install older software, as you mentioned?
Thanks again.

·
Registered
530 Posts
You will need to have access to an old Euro or South African Nav disk. You want it to have SW <0360 and do the firmware downgrade following the instructions on this site.

Once it does the downgrade, insert your current/existing 0360 disk and it will upgrade it back to 0360. Make sure your region setting is still set for southern hemisphere (it defaults back to Northern hemisphere when you upgrade sometimes) and it should then work OK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.