Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently installed a RNS-E navigation system in my A3 Sportback. The installation was seamless but the only snag I have is the navigation DVD installation. When the disc is inserted, the display, while open reads "Update CD 2006/2007 0500". The navigation menu reads "Insert navigation CD".The F/W version on the unit is exactly the same as the CD.I have tried using the vagcom to change the region (using information from other formums). I tried changing channel 10 (0) in 37-Navigation to (2) but it does not accept this. When I change it to (1) the language changes. Please help with this problem.....Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tuffy said:
Hi,

I recently installed a RNS-E navigation system in my A3 Sportback. The installation was seamless but the only snag I have is the navigation DVD installation. When the disc is inserted, the display, while open reads "Update CD 2006/2007 0500". The navigation menu reads "Insert navigation CD".The F/W version on the unit is exactly the same as the CD.I have tried using the vagcom to change the region (using information from other formums). I tried changing channel 10 (0) in 37-Navigation to (2) but it does not accept this. When I change it to (1) the language changes. Please help with this problem.....Any help will be appreciated.

Regards
Sorry guys....I tried the channel change again and this time it worked!!!!!! Thanks....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Howsit Tuffy. I had this same problem and battled away to find a solution. Obviously you found my previous post about changing the region to '2'!
You have to do it more than once, and then it will let you save it.
Where did you get your RNS-E and cables from? Have you also added the bluetooth?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Sorry about the late reply. I was not in South Africa for a few days. I bought the Unit on ebay. The unit and cables came from Lithuania. I have not added bluetooth as yet but I am considering it. I really would like to add TV. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.