Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello team

Luv the site :) full of great info but kind find the answer so hence the post

I have a MFD DX (a ford one) I have installed a TMC module and its works peachy.

My question

I have bought a TV module 7L6 919 146B.

Bought the Cabel kit, plug it all up. Connected the CANH/L to the output CAN ports from the TMC.

Nuffing not a thing.

Have I missed anything ??

should I connect the CAN wires to the pair from the mFD to the tmc module ?

The car its installed is a Ford Galaxy. Do i have to program the head unit to tell it has a tv connect ?? if so how ??? as the mfd is NOT connect to the car via the CAN wires.

Thanks in advance

Giz

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Most of the experience here is with Audi sat nav units, not the MFD.

You might have better response on one of the VW forums?

Of course, someone here might surprise me and post the solution to your problem...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply,

I was hoping as the Audi and MFD are both BlueSpot the answers should be the same ish :)

Giz

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Gizmo said:
I was hoping as the Audi and MFD are both BlueSpot the answers should be the same ish :)
The Audi CD based RNS-D used Blue Spot DX CDs, but the Audi DVD based RNS-E is designed and built by Aisin - so it's completely different!

The Audi units need recoding to tell them a TV tuner is fitted, and that's done using VAG-COM via the K line not the CAN bus.

Is the MFD connected to the K line on the diagnostic connector?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheer for the info sir

Mine is a DX based cd MFD, Yes the MFD has a K line connection. I have searched to find out what the hell this is and what or where to connect it to

The plot thickens

Giz

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Arrrr

Ford call it a DLC network !!! Data Link Control, Gray/White wire

I tought you talk via CAN Bus to the MFD and alike but this is all making sence

Giz

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Gizmo said:
I thought you talk via CAN Bus to the MFD and alike but this is all making sense
The RNS-D (and most likely the MFD) talk to the car using the CAN bus, but except on the Golf V platform cars (Golf V, Audi 8P A3, etc.) the diagnostics are mostly done using a serial connection using the K-line (on some cars there are so many ECUs that there's actually 2 K-lines - K & L).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts