1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If the first picture shows what's coming from the car or what you GPS antenna came with then the adapter you picked is the correct one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
If the first picture shows what's coming from the car or what you GPS antenna came with then the adapter you picked is the correct one.
Thanks for the swift response.

The connector I showed is the one on the GPS antennae itself. So what you are saying is that I dont need to buy anything extra to get it to work?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The first pictures shows an SMB connector and for that you will need the SMB to Fakra adapter.

What I meant to say was that if the first pictures shows the conenctor of the GPS antenna you are planning to install, I would get a new GPS antenna with the correct Fakra connector instead of a SMB to Fakra adapter. Fewer connectors are always better. But if you had the old RNS-D or BNS navigation installed (those come with an SMB connector) then get the SMB to fakra adapter instead of installing a new antenna.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.