Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Newbie here,

Wanted to find out if anyone has attempted to install the smart access key and engine start button into their S4? I have a B7 S4 Avant on order for March delivery..every concievable option was included, except smart access (smart key).

I'm sure its a daunting task..would anyone know where to even get the parts to do that? Would it be possible to install B7 RS4 keyless system or buy from Audi?

Please respond..thanks.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
RS4 and S4 don't have keyless start, only A8 and A6 (advanced key option). The Euro RS4 has a starter button but you still need the key in the lock to start the car. To answer your question: I don't think so, at least not with OEM parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info

Thank you for the clarification...kinda dissappointed..why have a starter button if you still need the key?

I will see if I can get the Advanced Key system to work on my B7.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
why have a starter button if you still need the key?
Silly marketing!!!

I can confirm that the B7 RS4 start sequence is key in, ignition on, press and hold clutch pedal, press start button. Of course you should press the Sport button too!!! Note that the start button only needs to be pressed briefly and not held down.

Good luck with getting the keyless system fitted to your B7 - I have yet to see any posting on the many Audi sites I visit of anyone succeeding ...

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
get a look to this.. surely you'll find something interesting.. this mod is quite difficult
Audi Retrofit

;)
That's just the start button, NOT the full Smart Key. He's just wired the start button in parallel with the start position of the key!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts