Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is someone could help without tellin me to use the "search" option id greatly apprecicte it. even though im fairly new to the forums i always to extensive searchin before i post , as u can see i havent posted much.

heres my problem. im doing two installs . im hooking up an ipod to my cousins car (1998 a4 quattro / concert head unit w/ BOSE) using an adapter i found at www.discountcarstereo.com which will be plugged up to the cd changer plug in the trunk.
we will also be installing a sirius satellite unit in the vehicle (S50) i was wondering if anyone knew of a harness or connection kit that could be purchased to wire it directly to the system. or if there is another adapter that will let us hook up both (ipod and sirius) using one adpator or connector.

any info or links will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I guess you will need to do your own wiring as these are not OEM parts and AFAIK nobody offers harnesses for those.

You didn't say what kind of iPod adapter you got. If it's a simply line in adapter and if you are connecting your iPod through the headphone jack, all you need is a switcher to select between the iPod and the SAT line out signal. If you got an iPod adapter with cradle that allows you to control the iPod from the head unit, in this case you would need to fine the audio wires between the iPod and the adapter and splice the switcher in there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
http://discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=684

this is the adaptor, so what ur telling me to operate both from the same adpator is that i would need a swticher between the adaptor and the rca wires (rca one end and headphone jack other end) that would allow me to plug in the rca's from the i pod and another input for the sirius sat? thank you for your time

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The adapter you got doesn't have the RCA jacks, it comes with the iPod connector and allows you to control the iPod using the CD changer buttons on the head unit. It may be possible to find the audio wires going to the iPod, cut those and add a switcher but I have no idea if the line signal is similar or if the black box does some adjustment. You would be on your own there to try it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts