Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a RNS-E Nav plus (8E0 035 192 J model purchased from PROXUS) and a audi glovebox 6-CD changer (puchase from audi dealer) in my '06 Audi S4. Everything works fine except my SAT Sirius radio. I know I have the correct module model. Actually everything is working except there's no audio sound. Everything is detected, you can go through the channels, and each station will even show what song is playing, but there's just no audio sound. Does anyone know what's going on with it?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
LiLjL84 said:
I recently installed a RNS-E Nav plus (8E0 035 192 J model purchased from PROXUS) and a audi glovebox 6-CD changer (puchase from audi dealer) in my '06 Audi S4. Everything works fine except my SAT Sirius radio. I know I have the correct module model. Actually everything is working except there's no audio sound. Everything is detected, you can go through the channels, and each station will even show what song is playing, but there's just no audio sound. Does anyone know what's going on with it?
When a SAT radio is installed the audio for the CD changer has to be routed via the SAT radio tuner in the trunk, and the SAT radio audio output must then be connected to the CD audio inputs on the RNS-E.

Sounds like that wiring isn't correct in your installation.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So does this mean I need longer cables to connect the cd changer all the way to the back of the trunk where the sirius module is and then connect the sirius module cable to the rns-e? How would I fix this? Would i need to buy new cables? I'm not an electronic expert, and I was told that everything would be plug n play. So any installation instructions would definitely help.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
LiLjL84 said:
So does this mean I need longer cables to connect the cd changer all the way to the back of the trunk where the sirius module is and then connect the sirius module cable to the rns-e? How would I fix this? Would i need to buy new cables? I'm not an electronic expert, and I was told that everything would be plug n play. So any installation instructions would definitely help.
Best bet is to ask PROXUS that sort of detail - I'm in the UK and we don't have SAT radios, so we don't have this problem!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What kind of custom wiring harness do I need? Also, where can I get it? What's wrong with my current one? Sorry for these dumb questions, but I don't have much knowledge about electronics. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
You need a custom harness that extends from your CD changer harness to the SAT tuner in the trunk. Then, you need to plug back in the original sat radio audio wires in the harness behind your radio (they were obviously unplugged when you installed the CDC harness).

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Try to contact TeddyBGame and ask if he can built custom harness for you.
He does great job and he knows a lot about special wiring like that.

You can also disconnect CD changer for a while a check if any of the wires is causing the problem with SAT tuner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.