Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone....I have posted on here a few times before regarding getting satellite radio into my a3. I even emailed back and forth with Teddy about a custom harness, but alas couldn't pull the trigger. I have a 2006 a3 that is NOT prewired for satellite but has the rns-e and bose system with cd changer in the glove box. I was hoping to find a simple aux-in adaptor that would allow me to run from the line out on my sirius receiver straight into the rnse. Blitzsafe and pie do not make anything like this, but i came across the dietz 1213 and wondered if that might work. I am just not prepared to pull the car apart to run the antenna wires into the shark fin to get the oem sirius tuner installed....as much as i would love to have the sirius displayed on the rns-e and not have a plug and play in my car.

any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Ian

·
Registered
996 Posts
Ian,
long time, no speak.

With your glovebox changer, you could add this device from soundgate and retain glovebox cdc control...and get a few aux line in's...for sirius etc.

This is assuming that your RNSE was NOT factory installed.

http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/SOUNGATE_SDSISO.html

If factory installed, you'd need to customize harness a bit for the quoadlock etc.

Good luck!
-ted

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys!

of course the rns-e IS factory installed. seems like it should be such a simple thing to get done. actually, it seems ridiculous that the car was not prewired in the first place :). one last question....must the oem sirius tuner be connected to the sharkfin, or can it be connected to a standard sirius antenna? right now the sirius is connected via fm modulator and everytime the modualtor is on, the nav loses the satellites.... i presume from the cut off to the diversity antenna. it is amazing how much you can learn reading around these forums.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.