Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about to fit a CD changer and have been reading about the two grounds, chassis gnd and CDC NF Gnd. And as far as I understand they should not be done together.

However my CDC NF Gnd runs from B2 to pin 18 on connector one, like I think it should. But also coming out of pin 18 on connector 1 is a brown wire running to d12. Which in my eyes links the CDC NF Gnd to the chassis Gnd. So should I get rid of this wire?

I was also just going to splice pin 3 from the cd changer(Chassis Ground) into D12, will this be ok?

Terry

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
terrymcg said:
Just about to fit a CD changer and have been reading about the two grounds, chassis gnd and CDC NF Gnd. And as far as I understand they should not be done together.

However my CDC NF Gnd runs from B2 to pin 18 on connector one, like I think it should. But also coming out of pin 18 on connector 1 is a brown wire running to d12. Which in my eyes links the CDC NF Gnd to the chassis Gnd. So should I get rid of this wire?

I was also just going to splice pin 3 from the cd changer(Chassis Ground) into D12, will this be ok?

Terry
Yes to both questions. Cut the "extra" ground wire then use it for your CD changer chassis ground.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So just to confirm! These shoul;d not be connected? Could I then take the extra ground cable from pin 18 and put it in pin 10? the put the pin 3 lead from the changer also into pin 10 in the cars connector?

Terry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts