Audi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just picked up a car with an RNS-E navigation system and I want to enable both an iPod interface and a Bluetooth phone interface.

Are there any experts in Los Angeles that can assist?

The car comes from the factory with a backup camera and is not an Audi, exactly, but it has a LOT of Audi parts...

Any suggestions and pointers are appreciated!

·
Registered
515 Posts
hmm, sounds like there is another Lamborghini on the site.. cool 8)

you are the 1st i've heard with a back-up camera, i wonder how that is hooked up??.. does it automatically go on when you put it into reverse??..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fritzner said:
hmm, sounds like there is another Lamborghini on the site.. cool 8)

you are the 1st i've heard with a back-up camera, i wonder how that is hooked up??.. does it automatically go on when you put it into reverse??..
Yep. It's an '06 Gallardo SE. Hit reverse and the screen switches to the camera. Pop in gear and the screen returns to normal.

I'm dying to get these upgrades done...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I would love to help but whoever does help emilgh, please take a good look at how the reverse camera got set up :lol: I'm sure they are not using a Dietz but maybe there is an OEM module? Anybody with a Lambo ETKA?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Perhaps when the unit is coded for Lambo the reverse wire acts as a trigger to activate the video input. Who wants to try this out?? (I don't have a video input yet :eek: )

Unfortunately, the one thing I did notice when my unit was coded for Lambo, was that the SAT radio did not function :evil:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NSX JR said:
Perhaps when the unit is coded for Lambo the reverse wire acts as a trigger to activate the video input. Who wants to try this out?? (I don't have a video input yet :eek: )

Unfortunately, the one thing I did notice when my unit was coded for Lambo, was that the SAT radio did not function :evil:
Lee! I see on your site you do install services... want to come to Southern California and put this together?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
emilgh said:
NSX JR said:

Lee! I see on your site you do install services... want to come to Southern California and put this together?
Email me to discuss travel expenses :wink:

·
Registered
515 Posts
if you guys work something out, let me know..

i am in so cali and would love to help figure out the reverse camera, but i dont know much about bluetooth installs..

important thought :!:
will you be able to recode with VAG-COM :?: .. i wonder if andy at ross-tech has ever tried Lambo??..

i guess we could hook up the Lambo RNS-E to one of our cars to connect and recode, then install..

maybe this isnt an issue, just thinking..

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I'm thinking (assuming) that since the Lambo has so many Audi electronics systems (instruments, climate control, etc...) that it will also have the same diagnostics capabilities.

·
Registered
515 Posts
i would assume too, but it would be good to double check..

also need to figure out where it is the older K-line or the new CAN-BUS diagnostic protocol -- i guess as long as you have a CAN interface, it doesnt really matter..

i have been wondering there was a way to use the the reverse camera set-up for video in motion.. that is how my friend did it in his Acura..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lee! E-mail sent.

If anyone else wants in on the LA install assistance, speak up so we can get it scheduled. I'm thinking mid-March...

·
Registered
3 Posts
emilgh said:
Lee! E-mail sent.

If anyone else wants in on the LA install assistance, speak up so we can get it scheduled. I'm thinking mid-March...
I have an 06 Gallardo SE as well. Please let me know if you are coming out, perhaps you can do bluetooth on mine too.

Joe

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
See my reply to your other post as well. I will be at the shop on Friday. If you are interested in the BT install, you will need to get a BT module kit by Friday and it would be beneficial to share some of the travel costs with Emil. Please email me very soon for more details...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lambo Shop in LA

The Best guy in Town for Lambos bar none is Kevin "Done" Wright

email me if you decide you want his info i do not want to post it

bmelian AT earthlink.net

1 - 14 of 14 Posts