Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed an RNS-E in my '99 A6. I used a Teddy B custom harness and a CanBus emulator.

The system is working well -- it routes properly, radio works, PhatBox is all there.

However, it seems to be a bit confused regarding time. I set the time using the setting screen (GMT-4), and it displays the proper time.

However, in engineering mode it shows GMT rather than GMT-4 and the arrival times are off by that same amount (4 hours).

Does anyone know I can tell the system to use a GMT offset rather than straight GMT to calculate arrival times?

Help appreciated.

Thanks!

Lee

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
[email protected][dartmouth said:
]You should get into contact with bjarne. He has made a black box that will fix your time issue.
The box is called CANGate, and he's planning to make some more shortly - email him and reserve one!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, thanks, I'm familiar with the CANGate box. Unfortunately, my car does not have the CAN Bus, so the CANGate is not an answer.

The problem is that for display purposes, the RNS-E correctly adjusts the GMT offset after getting the time from GPS. For the arrival time calculation, however, it does not include the offset in its calculations, but looks calculates based on the time from the GPS.

In engineering mode, the unit shows GMT. There should be a way to tell the unit either to use the GMT adjusted time for the calculation or to source the time from its own display..

Lee

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
urS6MA said:
There should be a way to tell the unit either to use the GMT adjusted time for the calculation or to source the time from its own display.
But unfortunately there isn't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts