Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sirius receiver (part# 8E0 035 593 D) connected to my RNS-E nav unit in my '04 cab. I have the following questions.

1. I am not receiving several of the higher numbered channels (over 186) despite having the activation signal sent several times. There are also some channels (like the Rolling Stones channel 98) that do not properly display the channel name. When inquiring with Sirius they said that some receivers that are a year or more old may not be able to receive all of the channels or display them properly. My question is whether anyone else with the same receiver is having this problem (or do I have a defective receiver). If others are having a problem with this receiver is there a firmware update or would using the newer part# (8E0 035 593 F) address this problem?

2. When selecting a Sirius channel from the Memory screen, no song information is displayed; only when in the "band" screen does the song information display. Is this by design or is there something wrong here?

3. I know this has been discussed before, but I'll add my $.02. When I switched from XM to Sirius, I have noticed a material degradation in the quality of the sound. While never "CD quality" sound, XM sounded better than FM to my ears while in the same car setup, Sirius sounds worse and more highly compressed. Has that been others experience? Would this have been improved in the newer part # receiver (F suffix)?

Thank you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm not sure of my part number but installed sirius last week as part of a RNS-E upgrade. One problem I had was that the radio did not update the station numbers - I only had 20 or so show up no matter how many "bullets" the sirius phone support sent. I finally tried accessing the radio and unplugging the two connectors (not antenna). Reconnecting and restarting the car loaded the station list. The only station I have over 184 is the playboy station - I don't see a couple like Energie 1 (Canadian French language music station).

I've also noticed sound quality trails the albums I've put onto SD flash.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. It also took me a while before the stations were updated. Looks like we're missing the same stations, maybe that's normal?

What channel name is displayed when you tune into channel 98 ("Rolling Stones Radio" or "SIRIUS" or something else?

Also, do you get any song information displayed when you're on the memory screen?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Rolling Stones 98 shows as Sirius for me. All songs show with titles and artists including on this station.

I've read that the Canadian stations are only available on newer receivers - wikipedia says speculation is that sirius Canada has only been available for a shorter time so they can expect users with new equipment so they are using a new technology only available for the last year. You can get it in the US with the newest Sirius receivers but I'm not sure if that includes Audi receivers. I got mine last week!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply. Audi does have a newer part number ("F" suffix) for the 2007 models. I wonder is this will address this problem.

Do you get song information when you are in the Memory screen?

Thanks.

·
Registered
235 Posts
bump - has anyone had any luck with this? I have the newest USA unit and can't seem to get anything above 146.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts