Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have seen some posts about enabling full SDS functionality on different versions of the RNS-E units. I have a 2007 A4 with RNS-E (HW 072 & SW 0110). Is it a matter of a software update of hardware as well? I have the Bluetooth module from factory and voice commands work for the phone. I would love to have full SDS functionality!!!

Previous posts indicated that HW 070 and HW 071 have SDS functionality. I hope that this can be enabled somehow on my unit!!!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
navplusea said:
Previous posts indicated that HW 070 and HW 071 have SDS functionality.
Previous posts also show that there is no relationship that we can determine between HW version number Hnnn and SDS capability.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
navplusea said:
Does this mean there is a chance this is a software only issue? How do I get a hold of the European software to try and update my system?
No. Changing the SW on EU units does not (in 99.9% of cases) make SDS menus appear.

So it seems that SDS needs BOTH SW and HW.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Not that we know of.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I loaded US firmware into SDS ready H unit and SDS was disabled. When I loaded latest EU firmware back, SDS was enabled again. It is possible that hardware-wise those units are ready but main functionality resides in firmware.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts