Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got two RNS-Es - a C unit and a K unit, both running Euro SW 0500.

I've noticed a difference in the Engineering Mode screens that leads me to believe that one of the units is SDS compatible whilst the other is not.

8E0 135 192K

8E0 135 192C

The K unit says SDS Data version on Flash: D2210H03(DE_DE) whilst the C unit just has () which I assume means it doesn't have an SDS version on flash. I would have thought that by nature the flash would be updated with a firmware update (as I have done with my C unit - my K unit came with SW 0500 preinstalled).

Can anyone confirm?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Does your K unit have the two SDS menus?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Mi K version had same in "flash" data, but no SDS. Mi N version also has that data, and SDS ok.

There is someting more, but I don't know what.

Regards

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
bieshose said:
What does SDS Mean?
Speech Dialogue System - an SDS capable RNS-E (which most are not) can have some (not all) of it's functions controlled by voice commands.

Note SDS is more than the voice commands that the Bluetooth phone has - those voice commands are for phone functions only.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PetrolDave said:
Does your K unit have the two SDS menus?
There's quite a bit of SDS related stuff in the Engineering Mode on both the C and K unit. Can you be a little more specific on what I should be looking for?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't noticed any of these yet, but will take a closer look tonight.

[siteimg:c4dfc7a96d]590[/siteimg:c4dfc7a96d]

[siteimg:c4dfc7a96d]589[/siteimg:c4dfc7a96d]

I also don't have a MFSW in the B6 so it doesn't really have any impact on me anyway, just interesting to know.. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts