Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well i just signed up for this buy.com credit card ... apparently i got $30 free so i just bought 2 SD cards for $60 - not too shabby haha

·
Registered
49 Posts
my thoughts on the matter - for whatever they are worth. the sd cards are a great option and the ability to move songs on and off quickly may just reduce the need for having an ipod in the car. that being said, the ipod offers one inescapable option - a lot of music in one unit. no pulling the cards out every week and organizing songs. depending on the size of your collection you can pretty much load it all onto an ipod and you're good to go - both in the car, and out. that being said, if all you have is 350 songs, and if you only/only use it in the car - then the sd cards sound like a better option for you. if the hassle of connecting the ipod to the rns-e (not sure if it is a hassle or not, but assume some degree of difficulty is involved) is too much for you - then the sd cards make more sense.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well my deciison now is this

I sold my ipod for $175 bought 2 2gb SD cards with it

i only listen to about 400 songs total (rest i just have for shits and giggles

I have the dice iod integration (in case a friend or gf whatever on a roadtrip has their ipod and wnat to listen)

so i think that's pmy perfect solution because i dun use my ipod outside of the car anyway

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DICE is fine but i think its cheaper to use SD than to use IPOD ...

shrug

SD u get song titles and all

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
u can get it for $85 from zip zoom fly but .... if u can only have 500 items on 1 - its better to get 2 x 2 gb - this way u can get about 800 items on each

my songs are about 5megs each so 2 gigs will get me 300 each card so its' a waste to get a 4 GB SD for only 500 items shrug

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
ejc2008 said:
my songs are about 5megs each so 2 gigs will get me 300 each card so its' a waste to get a 4 GB SD for only 500 items shrug
Depends what bit rate you use. I use 320kbps, so 4GB cards are good for me. I know you can use lower bit rates but when I did some listening tests I could tell the difference at lower bit rates so I opted to stick with 320kbps.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I have SD in my car,
SD reader in my plasma TV (panasonic 58PX600U),
in my PC,
in my Laptop

...as you see SD card is easier and smaller in use than running with iPod and looking for all adapters.

If you really like to have player on the go you can get any of those super small SD MP3 Players like Panasonic SV-SD100

1 - 10 of 10 Posts