Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the speed of SD cards make a difference in the RNS-E or doesn't it take advantage of it on the faster cards?

I'm looking to source a couple of 4GB cards in the near future and although I'll obviously go with a decent brand I don't know whether it's worth forking out for the faster variants.

·
Registered
10 Posts
From reading this forum on the subject before, the general consensus was that the speed of the SD cards does not matter as far as the RNS-E goes. You'll gain a benefit when you move files from your computer to the card but that's it.

The RNS-E indexes all of the songs on the SD cards each time it starts and that is what takes the time. I have two 4gb SD's and I have about a 20 second pause before I hear anything. The more files on the cards, the longer it takes to process.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Graffe said:
From reading this forum on the subject before, the general consensus was that the speed of the SD cards does not matter as far as the RNS-E goes.
That's not my experience (which has been posted here).

I used to have a very early HW version RNS-E and that just absolutely would NOT work with anything except high-speed SD cards. My current RNS-E is a juch later HW version and works fine with just about any SD card.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.