Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I've searched but I cannot nail down an answer from previous posts. I already know that you can bring up the album/play list by hitting the "return" button, and from there you can use the knob to scroll through the various albums/playlists. Nice...but I was wondering if there was a way to get the < and > button on my steering wheel controls to work the same way to skip to the next album. These same buttons allow me to change from one CD to another in the CD changer (which is now empty after lots of ripping yesterday).

Am I missing something here, or is this the only way to navigate between albums on the SD cards?

I currently have one folder for each album (currently 38 on the one card), and the various MP3 files under each folder. Thoughts?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The < and > are prev/next track only, no other function. For everything else you have to use the MMI knob.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
The < and > are prev/next track only, no other function. For everything else you have to use the MMI knob.
Thanks for your reply. I think the ^ and v arrows on the left side do that for me, but the < and > do nothing at all when playing the MP3s. Oh well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Correct, on the older multi-function steering wheel, the ^ and v buttons are previous and next track respectively (or for in-track skip back/ahead within a song when held down, I think), and the < and > buttons have no usage for music navigation. If you install the Bluetooth adapter and VAG properly, I'm pretty sure those are used to initiate and accept/reject calls.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
The bottom two buttons on the steering wheel < > are used to change between MP3 cards in slot 1 or 2. As Scott says above, these can be recoded with VAG to operate like the R/T and telephone buttons if you have bluetooth installed.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NSX JR said:
The bottom two buttons on the steering wheel < > are used to change between MP3 cards in slot 1 or 2. As Scott says above, these can be recoded with VAG to operate like the R/T and telephone buttons if you have bluetooth installed.
Lee, that seems to make perfect sense, and I'll have to test that out when I get another SD card....I just bought four 2GB SD cards from "Shaka" for a very decent price. Can't wait to load those up!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.