Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang,

I am a Mac user and have just started using the SD card feature of my RNS-E. So far I have just copied music (MP3 files) from the folders in my itunes over to the SD card.

Here is what I have noticed:

I can only copy the files. The RNS-E does not like any of the Mac folders I have tried.

When I look at the files on my computer I can only get half the available data on the 1 Gb card, i.e. it will only let me put 500Mb of data on it.

When I look at the SD card on my RNS-E I now have a duplicate of each song file that starts with "_." before each file name.

So my questions are is there a better way to make music lists using your Mac and what are these ghost files, they don't play but in fact I think they are using half my memory, and of interest, I do not see these files when I look at the SD card contents on my Mac.

TIA...

Steve

·
Registered
77 Posts
Steve this is Chuck from Broomfield. I use a Mac also, but experience none of the issues you mentioned. Is the SD card FAT32 formatted? Mine came that way and I just copied over the files from my Mac.

Cheers,

:: Chuck

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mercury26 said:
Steve this is Chuck from Broomfield. I use a Mac also, but experience none of the issues you mentioned. Is the SD card FAT32 formatted? Mine came that way and I just copied over the files from my Mac.

Cheers,

I tried to tell if it was, but I am not even sure how to see if it is "FAT32 formatted" Any hints??

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
77 Posts
Press <ctrl> click on mouse and select "Get Info". Or use the right button on the mouse and select "Get Info". I will then tell you the format type.

Cheers,

·
Registered
3 Posts
SD Card syncing to itunes

I am a MAc user and Synctunes is a great app, it can covert your "unprotected" aac files on the fly. Sync to playlists just like an iPod. Just takes 30 min for ~200mb.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Re: SD Card ? How are you Mac users puting music onto your S

Steve Z1 said:
Hi Gang,

I am a Mac user and have just started using the SD card feature of my RNS-E. So far I have just copied music (MP3 files) from the folders in my itunes over to the SD card.

Here is what I have noticed:

I can only copy the files. The RNS-E does not like any of the Mac folders I have tried.

When I look at the files on my computer I can only get half the available data on the 1 Gb card, i.e. it will only let me put 500Mb of data on it.

When I look at the SD card on my RNS-E I now have a duplicate of each song file that starts with "_." before each file name.

So my questions are is there a better way to make music lists using your Mac and what are these ghost files, they don't play but in fact I think they are using half my memory, and of interest, I do not see these files when I look at the SD card contents on my Mac.

TIA...

Steve
i use disk utility to format my 2GB cards to fat16/32. after that, i drag the folders with just the MP3 files (no txts, m3us. etc) and name the folders by album. itunes playlists do not work with the RNSE so if you want one i suggest you search versiontracker for a freeware app.

otherwise, make sure you empty your trash before you eject the card, or you will have junk files/folders

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: RE : SD Card ? How are you Mac users puting music onto your

Hi everyone.

Thank you very much for the helpful hints.

Once I formated the sd card on my PC notebook things improved quite a bit.

Steve

antoine9898 said:
Dear Mac user, I have found the Graal:

This is a small program : http://www.zeroonetwenty.com/blueharvest. He's very usefull to clean up your SD card before you put in your RNS-E. It works automatically and you never will have ._file anymore.

For the IDtag version, i'm not sure about wich is the better one. But I use http://www.chaoticsoftware.com/ProductPages/MediaRage.html to put all mp3 in the right place.

Antoine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts