Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased a pretty cheap sd card from Fry's with 1 GB high speed 45X, downloaded about 40 songs the first time, put it in my RNS-E and it works just fine, so i downloaded 110 more songs, used up about 550 MB, but when i put it in the unit, it says data corrupted, tried that few times on both slots, still get the same data corrupted, why does it not working? All the files are mp3 FAT. What i want to know is how do i format the card before i download any songs? Or is it simply because is a cheap card. $29.00. Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
First thing I would try is - the RNS-E is much "fussier" over "special" characters like !. Try checking the MP3 file names and remove/change anything that isn't alphanumeric.

ALternatively - the error appeared when you added files to your SD card. Try copying the whole contents of your SD card to a temporary directory on your PC, format the card (just right click on it in My Computer and use Windows format command) and copy the files back from the temporary directory in one go (select them all and drag them).

Finally - some RNS-E's (mine included) will only work with high-speed SD cards. If I use a standard card I get the "data corrupted" error. This could be your problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts