Audi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried something to clean and remove smudges on the screen? I have a few smudges that annoy me a bit when the light is hitting the screen a certain way and they won't come off. Any tricks?

Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NSX JR said:
microfiber cloth
Do you recommend anything on the cloth? Just water? I've tried cotton cloths and that hasn't worked. I'll try the microfiber.

And Haagie, does this Displex have any abrasives?

·
Registered
737 Posts
I've had pretty good luck using a micro fiber cloth with just a tad bit of water. Then take a separate clean MF cloth right in behind it and dry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had pretty good luck using a micro fiber cloth with just a tad bit of water. Then take a separate clean MF cloth right in behind it and dry.
This is driving me crazy. I've tried light water on an MF cloth, LCD screen cleaner, pre-moistened wipes... And I cannot get a clean, non-smeared screen on my RNS-e. HELP!

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
This is driving me crazy. I've tried light water on an MF cloth, LCD screen cleaner, pre-moistened wipes... And I cannot get a clean, non-smeared screen on my RNS-e. HELP!
I use a CRT/LCD screen cleaner - one wet cloth to clean and one dry cloth to wipe in a single pack.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Do not use any abrasive materials on your rns-e screen. You will ruin your display. It is anti glare screen.
This thread is 7 months old ..... not really worth adding to.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Clean the screen one last time.

I got tired of the problems with the anti-glare coating getting smeared or scratched. So, I polished it off with Mequires plastix polish and it's great. I have a 2008 TT Roadster and even with top down and sun shining directly on the Nav, there is hardly any glare as the bare screen has a matte finish. It took about 20 min to polish it off using cotton balls and q-tips for the edges. Just polish it off till the coatings off. What looked like scratches turned out to be only in the anti-glare coating. Now it cleans with a few quick wipes with plain water or window cleaner or polish. It's not fussy like the anti-glare coating was.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I was trying to remember who had removed the anti glare coating, so what exactly did you do to remove or is that it in your post?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts