Audi Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow... I saw the 1st 3D exit ramp in Canada today!!! Here's a pic.. WOHOO! If you look at the left half, you can see that this 90 degree turn which is on a fairly steep hill kind of bends down :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
The 3D exit display is a really nice feature. The RNS-E really uses the nav data to great effect; on all the motorway exits I've seen in the UK, it knows whether a separate filter lane will appear at the junction/intersection ahead, or if the nearside lane becomes the slip road/off ramp, how many lanes in total etc. Extremely useful and intuitive.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
shawnie53 said:
have 2007 maps and 0150.... where would i see one such ramp in canada?
It all depends on the map data - if the map doesn't have the data to enable the RNS-E to show a 3-D exit view then even if you have it enabled you won't seeany 3D exit ramp views.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So exits like this are able to be displayed on the UK version? I believe mine is the most upto date but cannot get these displays, I have TMC on mine my software is 0550 Hardware 50, what options do I need to enable to see exits like this

TIA

Orinoco

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
orinoco254 said:
So exits like this are able to be displayed on the UK version? I believe mine is the most upto date but cannot get these displays, I have TMC on mine my software is 0550 Hardware 50, what options do I need to enable to see exits like this
Almost every motorway junction is displayed like this in the UK, not only with SW0550 but for some time (might even be back as far as SW0330).

Can't remember the setup - I'll go out and check and post back...

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Don't know if all these settings are needed to get 3D junctions displayed.

In NAV, Setup I have:

Map Type - Position 3D

Turn List ticked
Motorway Info ticked
Intersection Map ticked

·
Registered
30 Posts
does 2007 firmware # 0150 comes with the 2007 dvd map ?
Ive tried to find it on ebay etc, but I cant find it......

someones here sells a copy ? :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts