Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could provide me with some assistance. I currently have and IPOD interface that connects to the CDC port directly into my Concert II head unit. When I installed the satellite radio (car is prewired) I do not get any sound. I'm suspecting that I'm getting no sound since the CDC port is being occupied by the IPOD interface. I believe all I need to do is splice a few wires but I'm unsure if this is the correct procedure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FOrgot to add... I have a 2006 A3 Concert II US Spec

·
Registered
996 Posts
yup, you need to route three wires from your sat tuner (t8s connector) pins#3, 4 and 8 to the audio output wires of the ipod....for starters.

There is some other wiring behind the concert II/ipod wires that need to get swapped....nothing hard. I can build this for you if you like. Send me a PM.

http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1880

see also the docs on www.nsxjr.com for more background.

-Ted

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I figured it out. I was getting all the stations but just no sound. What happened was I pulled alll the OEM pins from the CDC plug and replaced it with my IPOD adapter pins instead. This caused me to have no Audio as a result. Anyways all I had to do was splice 3 wires (black, white, and violet) from the OEM CDC cables into pins 18, 19, 20. Once I did that I had SOUND!!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.