Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a Sat radio module to go along with my EU RNS-E that has been flashed to US firmware.

While everything seems to work fine, there is a weird quirk where it is constantly "updating Stations" every 5-10 seconds for the 1st few minutes after i start the car.

Is this normal? Or maybe i have a bad connection somewhere?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
You get the frequent "Updating Stations" usually only if the signal is very bad (both sat and terrestic). Is this an OEM install with the OEM sharkfin?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It uses the factory sharkfin. I swapped out the old reciever for the one that works with the RNS-E.

The updating stations goes away after a few minutes. However its annoying that in that first few minutes its a pain to change stations.

Is there a way to check the signal strength?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
AudiA4B6US is right. Signal is weak and this causes display to show this message.
I had the same issue with OEM sharkfin and US and EU navigation units.
This message will show up more frequently when you'll park in uderground garages or highrise area like downtow etc.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so any idea what might be causing it? I dont think that its obstruction related, its pretty constant for the first couple minutes, then stops.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Mine does this too, and it is actually updating the station list. You'll notice that some of the stations when you first start the car are listed as "CH 84" instead of "XM Chill" (obviously Sirius stations would be different). Mine have always done this...even when I had the Sym2 installed. Of course I have always had my antenna under the rear hat shelf too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.