Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting together the final pieces of the puzzle and next on the list is picking up a couple of dedicated SD cards for the unit. I've used the Sandisk ULTRA II 1GB cards in my digi cam with no problems and excellent speeds. Realize the extra "speed" will be useless in the RNS-E but from my searches the faster cards are more reliable. Just picked up four of the 2GB Ultra II cards on ebay ($52.99 each for anyone looking) and then realized I should have gauged their functionality here before buying. Anyone running this particular card, and any particular issues? I can always use them in my digi cam (actually 2 were bought for the camera, the other 2 for the unit), but would like to be able to load two of them up for RNS-E duty. TIA. Did a search and the few specific mentions of this particular card seemed to be favorable.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ahh - good to know! thanks. that gives me two - 2gb cards for the car, along with two 256mb cards as backups. looks like i'm good to go there, though i am seriously thinking now about hooking up the VW phatnoise unit I purchased some time ago. Almost gave the thing away after i purchased it - been sitting here in the box since they shipped it. time to look up the rest of the parts necessary for that install. thanks again all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.