Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the RSNE use an AUZ # to retrieve a safe code or is it different from non nav radios? I have a unit, no code,and i cant seem to see any AUZ # on my unit. I just want to know what # is needed to get a code. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The official way is to install the RNS-E in a car, drive to the dealer and let him look up the code online. You can see the serial number with VAG-COM even if the unit is locked.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it uses a serial # instead of a auz # because on any other radio when you go online it asks you for a auz #. And if that is the official way what is the not official way?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
IIRC the serial number starts with AUZ and the unofficial way is to desolder the EEPROM that holds those information and flash it with a copy of an EEPROM that you have the code for.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
No, the security code cannot be found anywhere on the RNS-E. That would kind of miss the purpose, wouldn't it? The serial number is not printed on anywehre either, the only way to get the serial number is with VAG-COM or in Engineering Mode.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well on every other radio the serial number is printed on it somewhere. I am not talking about the pin number I am talking about the serial number or auz number. You obviously know more about this then I do but I work for audi and when a car comes in and the radio is in safe mode I pull the radio out and get what we call the auz number or serial number and get onto geko (using a 5051 or 5052 (scan tool)) enter the cars vin number and the auz number then it gives you the pin code. So thats why i am confuesed as to why I dont see a auz number. From what you are telling me I need to use vag-com or an audi scan tool (thats all i have access to which should be much better than vag-com right?) to access this number. In that case where do I locate it? Is it in measured values? Where do i need to go to find the AUZ number ? I guess that all I really need to know. Well I dont even know if our scan tools let us access the unit if it is locked so if you know that, that would help to. Thank you for putting up with me lol This is all new to me. We never have issues with the RSN-E because it knows when its in the same car or not. It takes more then a simple power loss to put it into safe mode. Thank you again.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
With VAG-COM the AUZ serial number is visible under advanced ID. I have never used a VAS so I can't really say how it works there. But I would guess that there are some intructions on how to use the big brohter VAS tool to recover the safe code for a newer head unit. We have seen that the RNS-E sometimes forgets the safe code during a normal software update and you would need the code as well if you change the instrument cluster. Maybe the instructions are part of the "changing an instrument cluster step by step guide"?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts